There’s something very comforting for a consumer to walk into a business establishment, retail store or restaurant and see the staff dressed in clean, well pressed uniforms. Many businesses use uniform companies to assure their employees are supplied with uniforms that are professionally cleaned and maintained. There are a variety of reasons a business should consider a dress code that includes uniforms. Here are seven reasons uniforms make sense in an organization.
- Maintain a Professional Business Image: Some of the biggest, most successful companies know the importance of a professional image in the work place. Retail giants and famous restaurant chains intentionally use uniform companies and provide their staff with standard uniforms so they stand out in the crowd are clean, crisp and professional looking.
- Keep Uniforms Clean and Maintained: Uniform companies take special pride in caring for their products and their customers can depend on uniforms to be cleaned and maintained. Unlike the employee who might forget to wash a uniform, a professional uniform company will always deliver a clean product.
- Get Free Advertising: Uniforms usually include the companies name or logo. This is free advertising. The increased visibility can strengthen the company’s image and increase brand recognition. Staff become billboards for your brand and generates exposure for your company.
- Generates Team Spirit: Just as a sports team feels part of a community by wearing their team colors, so will employees who work for the same company. Wearing uniforms creates a team spirit and family atmosphere within the organization. Employees who feel like they are part of a team are more productive than those who don’t.
- Safety & Security: Some businesses don’t allow consumers to enter all areas of the property. Uniforms can separate consumers from employees and make it easy for everyone to notice if someone is in a restricted area of the building that is not open to the public.
- Employee Benefit: Since the employer takes care of supplying their staff with uniforms, the employee doesn’t need to purchase work clothes saving them time and money. This also is a huge time saver, because the employee doesn’t have to spend time shopping for or deciding what to wear to work each day.
- Consistent Policy: When staff is required to wear a uniform, the question whether or not an employee is wearing appropriate clothing to work isn’t a factor. Managers no longer have to spend time determining if employees are wearing clothes that are within the policy’s guidelines. Using uniform companies create consistency and continuity.