The rise of technology in our daily life has increased significantly. From activity trackers that are now our personal medical devices to smart phones that help us maintain our homes safe, the possibilities are endless. But did you know that you could actually make money by using your technology? Technology offers great opportunities to receive income from the freedom of your own home. Let’s explore a few ideas:
- E-commerce: in other words, sell things! You can use sites from Amazon to E-bay to sell anything you want. From used books to shoes imported from China, there is always something that somebody will want to buy. The secret here is to find your niche; what interests you? What are you passionate about? And most importantly, do your homework. Find out what sells and what doesn’t.
- Blogging: if you like writing and are passionate about something, why not try blogging? Setting up your own blog has become easier over time, with sites such as WordPress or Weebly you can receive guidance, best practices and help with setting up and maintaining a successful blog. You earn money by placing ads on your site. Each time a reader clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click.
- Make Videos on YouTube: YouTube offers great opportunities to make money for anybody, with any skill or interest. You only need to open an account on YouTube, your phone with a camera, film something and upload it. If you like cooking, you could create a type of cooking show. If you like sports, you could film yourself training. The sky’s the limit here! YouTubers make money by placing ads at the beginning or end of their videos, getting sponsors, people watching their videos and it depends on how many subscribe to their channel.
- Independent Business Owner (IBO): look for a company that sells great services and resell their products. ACN Inc. sells telecommunication services such as landline, wireless products and broadband. You might have heard of an ACN scam but they resell services from trusted companies such as AT&T and CenturyLink and are your one-stop shop for all of your technology needs. IBO’s make money by selling different services and also by recruiting more IBO’s to join ACN.
- Social Media: The influence of social media is powerful and more and more companies are using different platforms to gage people’s’ interest in their products or services. Why not help these companies by managing their Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter accounts? You could start by contacting your local businesses and offer to help them build their followers and social media status. Volunteer to help non-profit organizations and slowly build your portfolio, before you know it you’ll have a great customer base and you’ll be making money.
- Freelance: Do you have a special ability? Do you speak a second language proficiently? How about being a freelancer? Many companies need to have a team of people to contract work out to when they have a heavy load and need it tomorrow. Sites such as Freelancer and Fiverr let business advertise freelancing positions and also have a space for freelancers to offer their services. It is quite competitive as you are competing with people from all over the world, but once you land yourself a few jobs, you’ll find it easier to find more.
Hopefully these ideas have given you some great suggestions to make some extra income or if you are persistent and find that you are good at it, you might even be able to leave your Monday to Friday office job. Everybody likes to have a bit of freedom, why not give one of these ideas a try?